The Circling and Authentic Relating Practice Guide is a short book that will teach you how to Circle effectively. It also contains a Recent history of the Authentic Relating movement, a comprehensive Resources section, and extensive Advanced Practices and Complementary Modalities sections.
If you like it, please leave me an Amazon review! (you don’t need to have purchased the book to leave a review). And please join our Philadelphia Community or Baltimore Meetup if you are interested in Circling or A/R events in those cities!
Get (or Donate) to the only free Circling book!
Note: although the first version is ready, the project is going to remain a “work in progress” for some time as I am opening it to community contributions. I would love to receive your personal stories and other theoretical contributions! Write to me here.
Continue reading Foreword to the Circling Guide…
What is Circling?
Circling is a group conversation practice that usually lasts an hour to an hour and a half, and involves 3 to 9 people. It is possible, however, to have it go on for days and to engage as many as 50 people or more. Circling happens either in person in many places around the world, or via online web-conferencing technology (see the Resources section). Both are great. There are also weekend workshops and advanced training programs, which often run 6 to 9 months.
Watch the Circling video
From the blog…
- New Podcast: Damien Bohler & Khali Young on the Australian TRIIBE community - Abstract: Damien Bohler & Khali Young on the Australian TRIIBE community (www.triibe.earth) share the story of their development, their vision, and how their community came about. Also on iTunes here. Audio-only download here. Check out their website to learn more about their Bali Event (April 7-13 — it sounds amazing!), and their Authentic Challenge free […]
- Love for sale, half-price: Selling Authentic Relating - I am writing this article to share some reflections of a 3-city A/R tour I just completed (Philadelphia, Baltimore and Silver Spring MD), leading 4 events in 5 days. The topic is the marketing of A/R.
- Stephen Torrence on Trauma Release Exercise (TRE); events in Philadelphia and Baltimore - I interviewed Stephen Torrence last week on Trauma Release Exercise (TRE) and his experiences of Vipassana meditation. It was a wonderful conversation around trauma and Circling, and what we can do about it. Get the podcast at the direct link or else on iTunes! Other news… If you haven’t yet seen Adam Coutts’ epic history […]
- New group “Bringing Circling and A/R Practices into the world”, Sundays on Authentic World - I will be starting a weekly topical circle on “Bringing Circling and A/R Practices into the world”, this Sunday 1/21 at Noon EST on Authentic World! This is a weekly circle for A/R leaders, community-builders and anyone who is excited by the possibilities of the A/R movement and wants to bring it into the world […]
- Inner Relationship Focusing and Circling - Inner Relationship Focusing is a powerful self-healing practice, developed by Ann Weiser Cornell and Barbara McGavin in the early 90’s. It evolved out of, and is an extension of Eugene Gendlin’s Focusing. Gendlin’s Focusing is a simple, guided 6-step process for accessing and gaining discernment into felt-experience, and from there clearing emotional conflicts. I learned […]