The Circling and Authentic Relating Practice Guide is a short book that will teach you how to Circle effectively. It also contains a Recent history of the Authentic Relating movement, a comprehensive Resources section, and extensive Advanced Practices and Complementary Modalities sections.
If you like it, please leave me an Amazon review! (you don’t need to have purchased the book to leave a review). And please join our Washington DC A/R Group if you are interested in Circling or A/R events here!
Get (or Donate) to the only free Circling book!
Note: although the first version is ready, the project is going to remain a “work in progress” for some time as I am opening it to community contributions. I would love to receive your personal stories and other theoretical contributions! Write to me here.
Continue reading Foreword to the Circling Guide…
What is Circling?
Circling is a unique developmental practice that is about “getting each other’s worlds”, being seen and accepted for who we really are, and feeling connected to other human beings and part of a larger whole. Circling is part of a large and growing worldwide movement called “Authentic Relating”, and may be our best modern-day hope for creating a society that would be less polarized and more attuned to real human needs. And on top of all this, Circling is super-fun and very affordable!
How does it work?
Practically speaking, Circling is a group conversation practice that usually lasts an hour to an hour and a half, and involves 3 to 9 people. It is possible, however, to have it go on for days and to engage as many as 50 people or more. Circling happens either in person in many places around the world, or via online web-conferencing technology (see the Resources section). Both are great. There are also weekend workshops and advanced training programs, which often run 6 to 9 months.
Watch the Circling video
From the blog…
- Selling Authentic Relating Part 2; Expansions of Circling Guide; new Podcast - A lot to cover in this issue of the Circling Guide Newsletter: Selling Authentic Relating, Part 2 (my Circling Manifesto) It’s a strange thing: the more I circle, and lead circling, the more excited and engaged I am about the potential of the modality and of the movement. In this article I take a step […]
- Selling Authentic Relating, Part 2 - Summary It’s a strange thing: the more I circle, and lead circling, the more excited and engaged I am about the potential of the modality and of the movement. In this article I take a step back and try and discern why this is so, along with some practical approaches for promoting A/R and Circling […]
- New podcast: Jason Digges; and Authentic Relating at Toastmasters - Yesterday I did a very sweet 45 minute interview with Jason Digges (www.authenticrelatingtraining.com) on his story with Ken Wilber and the Boulder Integral Center, the current status and prospects for the Authentic Relating movement, past and current projects, discussion of the importance of lineage in Circling, and other topics. Watch the video below, listen on […]
- New Podcast: Damien Bohler & Khali Young on the Australian TRIIBE community - Abstract: Damien Bohler & Khali Young on the Australian TRIIBE community (www.triibe.earth) share the story of their development, their vision, and how their community came about. Also on iTunes here. Audio-only download here. Check out their website to learn more about their Bali Event (April 7-13 — it sounds amazing!), and their Authentic Challenge free […]
- Love for sale, half-price: Selling Authentic Relating - I am writing this article to share some reflections of a 3-city A/R tour I just completed (Philadelphia, Baltimore and Silver Spring MD), leading 4 events in 5 days. The topic is the marketing of A/R.