Community News – October 2022
Change is in the air, in both in the A/R community and with me personally.
- Authentic Revolution is shutting down on October 31st. Sara Ness got a real job, at long last LOL. Details here. To summarize: (1) There will be a few community-led Authentic Leadership Trainings offered next year, along with an all-Texas retreat. (2) Geof Krum will continue the 15-week Authentic Facilitator Training under a new brand (I am very glad to hear this as there is probably 10-20,000 hours of development gone into this. It’s essentially the “second branch” of the A/R movement, the first branch being Circling). (3) The future of the COnnect platform is unclear. (4) Authentic Life Course will (probably) not be offered again, but will remain as video-on-demand. (5) The A/R Games Manual is being expanded and will soon be available in print.
(6) Finally: Sara is requesting physical love-notes (cards etc). See instructions.
- Austin Circling Studio and CircleAnywhere: For some odd reason (“embeddedness”?) I haven’t been saying a lot here, despite the fact that CircleAnywhere remains the largest and (arguably) still the best online circling platform, and I am in the Level Up myself, due to complete in the spring. Anyway, all their programs are incredible. There is now a free-for-life basic membership that includes 4 circles a month and other great programs for beginners including free intros running every 2 weeks as well as a free 4-week circling video course. Finally an online Circling facilitator training in Spanish is starting soon.
If you have any interest in the Level Up see some testimonials here or else just reach out to me. Its absolutely the best thing I have ever done, bar none.
- ART International: in addition to the impressive fall line up listed in my last newsletter, they are re-introducing The Art of Authentic Dating as a 3-part course starting Oct. 13. For the price of $145 I would be totally into it but I am traveling.
- Circling Europe: in addition to the 3 SAS’s and other programs mentioned in the last newsletter, there will be a Circling & Surrendered Leadership Weekend Oslo 18th-20th November. Check out that link for a fun interview of Peter Munthe-Kaas who is starting up a practice community there.
- Circling Institute: it may be too late to enroll in next year’s Art of Circling year-long practitioner training, but Drop in Circling Nights are still happening as well as The Sovereign Workshop (October 15 & 16)
My next book: Relational Leadership and Emotional Communication: Warp-speed your development through the Authentic Relating practice
My next book, a kind of sequel to the Circling Guide — although much more than that, its really the fruit of 40 years of psycho-spiritual developmental work, including 6 years in the A/R movement — is coming along nicely. You can get a taste through the first two chapters:
- Introduction: How I finally got a life (after 40 years of trying), and some key conceptual takeaways
- Chapter 1: An NVC Primer: Learning the language of feelings and needs; and basic communication literacy that is NOT included in the NVC model .
It will be done by early next year (I write very fast when I am on a roll) and I am looking for marketing partners, reviewers / critiques, and case studies of personal transformations through the A/R practice. If you are interested in helping out and/or getting early access to the book, click here.
Join me in a limited-enrollment peer group of space-holders called Widening Circles, and Martin Ucik’s course Integral Relationship Training
- A new cohort for experienced (5-years or more) “space-holders” (therapists, coaches, consultants & facilitators) called Widening Circles is starting soon. I was in the previous 6 month’s session and it was fantastic, the new group promises to be at least as good. It’s essentially Circling, and there is something very powerful about being in a committed professional group focused on development through connection practices. It is limited to 12 people and the cost of 133€/month (111€/month early-bird through Oct. 3) is very reasonable. Apply through the link above.
- Martin Ucik (author of Sex Purpose Love: Couples in Integral Relationships Creating a Better World and the new Integral Relationship Practice) is starting a new 26-week training Integral Relationship Online Training #6. As of right now the early-bird price of $520 is still available. I signed-up immediately, this is a no-brainer for me for both professional and personal reasons (it might get me one of those integral gals. As you all know, integral gals and integral dudes are sexy). Seriously, Integral theory has had a big impact on the Circling and A/R movement, and Martin’s books makes him a legend in this field.